How to load an image stored in Assets/Images to a database record.

I have asset records that will have a photo of the system dataplate as a photo attachment.
These will typically be captured in the field by the end user. Until that point the photo field is null.
I would like to preload a “No Image Available” photo into this field that I have stored in my Assets/Images folder in Oxide.

How would I accomplish this? I am assuming there is a URL associated with the photo.
How would I extract this into data that could be loaded into a null photo field?

Thanks,

David

After thinking about this a bit I came to the realization that there is probably no way for the apps to
communicate with the Oxide repository.

I then derived this solution to my issue: Creating a table to hold “Default Photos”

if (view.selected_asset.data_plate) {
        return;
    }
    else {
        photoLoadDefault()
    }

function photoLoadDefault() {
    var nophoto
    nophoto = DB.default_photos.first('name =?', "no_photo");
    view.selected_asset.data_plate = nophoto.photo;
}

If anyone has an easier suggestion please let me know!

Thanks,

David

1 Like

@jdavidpugh Your solution is fairly eloquent. The only way to access static images uploaded to the Assets workspace in OXIDE is through the component, so if you want / need to use the same <capture-photo /> or <display-photo /> component for both the “No Image Available” default and the eventual asset photo then your proposed solution seems best.

1 Like

I did clean it up a bit the second time…just bundled it all into the helper function.

function photoCheck() {
    if (view.selected_asset.data_plate) {
        return;
    }
    else {
        var noimage;
        noimage = DB.default_images.first("name =?", "no_image");
        view.selected_asset.data_plate = noimage.photo;
    }
}