iOS Build features - App ID vs Build Features in OXIDE

Hi Forums

When creating a new App ID in the Apple Developer Console I saw that I could select / specify certain features (under a heading called 'Capabilities)

I am wondering how to think about these capabilities vs the features I can select from when creating a build in OXIDE using the Container workspace

Let’s take NFC for example.

1. If I have NFC enabled in the App ID but don’t select it in the container features section, then I assume my build will not ask for or have access to NFC
  2. If I don’t have NFC enabled in the App ID but I do select it in the container features section, then I assume something will error somewhere?

The iOS Capabilities that are available when setting up an App ID correspond with the Entitlements specified by certain container-level features for iOS configurations in OXIDE:

The App ID needs to include an entitlement/capability for the following container-level features:

If a capability is not included in the App ID, but the corresponding feature in OXIDE is selected, there is a higher chance that the app might get flagged or fail Apple’s review process and, additionally, the feature will not work in the app. In our experience, the feature will fail silently (e.g. a push notification will not be received).

Similar behavior is expected when a capability is included in the App ID, but the corresponding feature in OXIDE is not selected.